Aerial Photography for Golf Courses
Aerial photography gives golf courses comprehensive collateral to market their properties in advanced and immersive ways.
When promoting their properties, golf courses face the challenge of showcasing their expansive beauty while also offering granular details to help players perfect their game. Ground-level photography and traditional marketing won’t cut it in today’s digital landscape, and flyover imaging with helicopters or planes is cost-prohibitive.
Golf course drone photography helps golf courses capture aerial images and comprehensive ground data quickly and affordably. The images and data collected lend themselves to marketing tactics that inspire players to take control of their game and gives the marketing team gorgeous imagery for use on digital platforms and print brochures. In addition to the marketing possibilities, collecting data via drones for golf courses helps maintenance crews with oversight and upkeep.
Golf Course Drone Marketing
Aerial photos and videos capture the full beauty and unique terrain of your golf course, better than ground-level images. Our drone pilots are skilled in capturing effective drone golf course photography to convey to golfers the quality of the course and the complexity of the holes.
Benefits of Drone Golf Course Photography
- A comprehensive Media Kit with bonus material. FlyGuys can create the ultimate gallery of photos or videos. Clients will receive a categorized, labeled set of files fully-optimized for the web, providing everything needed for marketing automation and social media.
- Golf Course Web Plugin. We’ll create a plugin for a website that serves as an interactive course tour, including videos, images, hole descriptions, and caddy tips.
- An Orthomosaic Course Map. We can create an orthomosaic (a seamless, rectified compilation of multiple images) of the entire course, designed for annotation, collaboration, sharing, and more. Check it out and see the profound difference between our high-resolution map and one from Google Earth.
- Promotional Videos. FlyGuys can create videos set to music that can be leveraged on digital platforms and promotional presentations, helping to showcase course amenities.
- Aerial Pathways. Give golfer’s videos and models of the hole from the ball’s perspective.
FlyGuys’ drone pilots are FAA-certified and experienced in capturing the images and video needed to showcase the beauty of golf courses. Contact us to learn how we can help increase course revenue.
Creating a Digital Yardage Book with Drone Data
FlyGuys can help create a digital yardage book for smart devices that far surpasses paper-based books. Forget drawings and animations — our drone will capture actual course imagery and videos that are far more visually appealing and accurate. The digital yardage book also shows caddy tips and yardage and works on any mobile device.
We offer a branded app that golfers can use to book a tee time or see the yards from where they are to the center of the green. The app can show the front, middle, and back of the green without draining the user’s battery. Course owners can place messages and advertise within the app.
Benefits for golfers: Speeds up play by eliminating blind spots and helping to plan a game in advance, similar to how NFL players study films in preparation for game day.
Benefits for course owners: Offers the opportunity to cross-sell and upsell to patrons while providing a modern amenity.
FlyGuys’ drone pilots are FAA-certified and experienced in capturing the information you need to create a modern and innovative yardage book. Contact us to learn how we can help give golfers a competitive advantage while offering other course amenities.
Golf Course Maintenance, Planning, & Expansion
The quality of any course is directly related to the condition of its greens. Using drone images and video, FlyGuys can simplify and expedite the maintenance and improvement of a golf course. We have a variety of high-end drone sensors available, such as the Riegl MiniVux LiDAR sensor, that we employ to scan large areas of land, giving surveyors data to create contour files, 3D maps, and more.
- Comprehensive course oversight. Know the condition of your greens and allocate resources (labor / water) more efficiently.
- Irrigation and course health. Detect irrigation issues not seen in ground-level checks.
- Plan and expand with thorough data. See the big picture for redesigning and/or planning golf course expansion, e.g., tree removal, building site selection. With our high-end drone sensors, we can assist with surveying and mapping as well as inspections and monitoring construction progress.