FlyGuys provides aerial photography and drone video services for Construction, Dredging projects, Energy sites and more.
Site Surveying | Progress Monitoring | QA/QC | Project Management | Compliance | Safety and Security | Marketing Collateral
Construction site aerial photography helps keep projects on schedule and on budget.
These days, contractors are leveraging drone photography to efficiently manage construction projects. With aerial photography, stakeholders get a comprehensive overview of the jobsite from planning to completion, visually documenting and monitoring activities along the way. This comprehensive overview aids in robust project and time management, saving dollars and pleasing clients.
Drone photography and video also provides a safe vehicle for site inspection, delivering real-time data from dangerous areas and helping contractors mitigate problems before they worsen. By using drone photography in construction projects, contractors and site managers have an affordable method for obtaining actionable information and visual collateral that leads to smarter business decisions throughout the construction process.
Industrial, Commercial, and Residential Construction
Construction site aerial photography is an efficient, affordable method for contractors to stay on top of the needs of their project. From project start to completion, drone photography delivers the data that project managers need to keep timelines intact, stay within budget, and ensure investors are pleased with every detail.
With construction site aerial photography, contractors can better manage their industrial, commercial, and residential construction projects. Specific benefits include:
- Surveying the site and creating topographical maps prior to ground-breaking. Having a bird’s eye view of the project site will give investors exact information about sightlines once the building is complete. It will also help contractors quantify material displacement and avoid putting equipment near hazardous ground locations, such as busy roads or powerlines.
- Precise construction bids. Drone imagery and data can increase the precision of construction bids. Most construction bid packages contain only preliminary drawings or FEED sketches, leading to the need for bid clarifications and exclusions due to unknown variables. With drone photography, you can deliver more cogent information.
- Deft Project Management & Monitoring. Drones provide visual documentation of the project, delivering real-time data on progression, helping you spot obstacles early and deliver rigorous QA/QC.
- Site inspection without the safety risk. Construction sites possess dangerous and difficult to access areas. Drones can inspect these precarious places without risking life, protecting workers and your company’s liability.
- Thermal & Multispectral imaging. Advanced technologies integrated with drone imaging can provide valuable information about soil and ground quality prior to breaking ground and can help detect heat loss and water leaks in the building envelope after project completion.
- Marketing & Promotion. Use aerial drone photography and video to market your building or residence.
FlyGuys’ drone pilots are FAA licensed and versed in the rules impacting drone flight for construction sites.
Contact us to learn how we can help with your construction site aerial photography project.
Dredging & Beach Renourishments
Aerial photography can help municipalities, governments, and private contractors obtain vital information prior to dredging. Whether it be for land restoration or real estate development, aerial photography is an affordable way to monitor and streamline progress for your dredging project.
Benefits of aerial photography for dredging include:
- Accurate measurement of dredged material through topographical mapping. Most coastal restoration projects are structured as Unit Price contracts, being paid out in cubic yards of material deposited. Drones can help create topographic maps that can be used to calculate volume of material deposited, expediting the surveying process and saving on labor costs.
- Safe documentation of project progression.. Agile project management relies on a comprehensive overview of the site, and dredging projects often possess areas that are difficult to access, too steep, or only reachable by water. Drones offer a safe, easy, and affordable way to obtain visual information about the project’s progression.
- Thermal Mapping. With drone photography, you can leverage advanced technologies like thermal mapping to get an overhead look of what lies below the water’s surface. This information is pivotal for planning, protecting the local environment, and safeguarding expensive equipment.
Our drone operators are all over the country, and one can be at your project site in a matter of days.
Contact FlyGuys today to learn how we can help streamline your dredging or re-nourishment project.